This is the first lawsuit against the estate of Nipsey Hussle.
The estate of Nipsey Hussle is facing their first lawsuit. Paramount Recording Group filed a creditors claim in Nipsey’s estate, claiming the rapper, and another party owed them tens of thousands in dollars from a 2012 judgment. The Blast reports Paramount Recording Group are seeking to get $32K they won against the rapper. This marks the first suit against Nipsey’s estate.
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
The lawsuit arrives a few days after Nipsey’s brother, Blacc Sam, requested to the court to be the administrator of Nipsey Hussle’s estate. In the petition he filed, Sam said that he needs to take control of Nipsey’s business so he could handle time-sensitive business opportunities. As previously reported, Nipsey didn’t have a will at the time of his death and his properties are worth $2,035,000.
In his petition, he wrote that Nipsey’s “passing has created significant media attention, which, in turn, has presented potential time-sensitive business opportunities based on [Nipsey Hussle]’s likeness, right of publicity, and other intellectual property based on the media attention surrounding [Nipsey Hussle]’s exceptional life story and musical career.”
A school shooting not far from Columbine High School left one student dead and eight others injured on Tuesday, authorities said.
Two suspects were apprehended after the shooting at the STEM School Highlands Ranch, which covers K-12, Douglas County Sheriff Tony Spurlock said. About 1,850 students attend the school, according to its website.
Spurlock identified one of the suspects as Devon Erickson.
The suspects are believed to be students at the school, Spurlock said.
The shooting started in the high school just before 2 p.m., authorities said. The suspects walked into the school, and “got deep inside the school,” engaging students in two separate classrooms, Spurlock said. One student, an 18-year-old male, was killed in the school, according to Deputy Cocha Heyden, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office.
Almost immediately, the school notified authorities.
A community grieves after a mass shooting at the STEM School Highlands Ranch.
“Over the next few minutes, quite a few shots were fired,” Douglas County Undersheriff Holly Nicholson-Kluth said.
“As officers were arriving at the school, they could still hear gunshots, and as they were entering the school,” Nicholson-Kluth said.
The first sheriff’s deputies arrived within two minutes and engaged the suspects, Spurlock said.
Spurlock said officers “did struggle with the suspects to take them into custody.”
“We do know that we do not have any other suspects. We have all the people that are involved,” Spurlock said. Authorities had initially said they were looking for a possible third suspect.
Spurlock said authorities can only say at this point that a handgun was used.
Authorities are working to obtain search warrants for the suspects’ homes and a vehicle found in the parking lot, Spurlock said.
He did not release additional information on the suspects. The two didn’t appear to be on law enforcement’s radar, according to Spurlock.
A school resource officer was not assigned to the school, but the school has private security, the sheriff said.
Several victims are critical, the sheriff says
Eight students were taken to local hospitals. Several of the students who were shot are in critical condition, the sheriff said. The youngest victim is 15 years old, he said.
Five patients were being treated at Littleton Adventist Hospital in Littleton, hospital spokeswoman Wendy Forbes told CNN in an email.
One victim was treated and released from Children’s Hospital Colorado South Campus in Highlands Ranch, according to Jaime Berg, a spokeswoman.
Two juvenile patients were being treated at the Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree.
Spurlock said the suspects were not injured.
The STEM School was placed on a lockdown after the shooting, the Douglas County School District said in a tweet. All other Highlands Ranch schools were on a lockout, the tweet said.
The lockout was later lifted for Highlands Ranch schools, the district said.
This week in Hip Hop, John Singleton passed away at the age of 51. Also, Remy Mawent back to jail after allegedly assaulting Love & Hip Hop: New York co-star Brittney Taylor. Lastly, Justin Bieber had a critique for Eminem, then compared Chris Brown to Michael Jackson and Tupac Shakur.
Grammy-nominated rapper Remy Ma was arrested Wednesday on charges of attacking a reality show cast mate at a New York concert venue, a new round of legal trouble for a rapper still on parole from a 2007 shooting.
Her lawyer, Dawn Florio, called the new allegations false, saying the rapper was at home nursing her 4-month-old daughter at the time of the alleged attack.
“She’s going to fight this to the end,” Florio said.
The rapper herself declined to comment on the case after she was arraigned on misdemeanor assault and harassment charges and freed on $1,500 bail.
She left court hand-in-hand with her husband, the rapper Papoose. Friend and fellow hip hop artist Fat Joe also came to court to support her.
The 38-year-old rapper — known to the court as Remy Smith — turned herself in Wednesday to face accusations of punching “Love & Hip Hop New York” cast member Brittney Taylor in the face on April 16 at Irving Plaza, a downtown Manhattan music hall where Ma was performing for a benefit concert.
Taylor, who reported the incident the next day, suffered bruising to her right eye, authorities said.
“This arrest demonstrates how serious this matter is — it is real life and not reality TV entertainment,” Taylor’s lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, said in a statement. He added that Taylor “has confidence in our system of justice and will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities.”
Florio said that while Ma was at Irving Plaza that night, she was home at 9:30 p.m., when a criminal complaint says the attack allegedly happened. Many witnesses who were at the venue will vouch that Ma “had absolutely nothing to do with this incident,” Florio said.
Taylor “is a liar, and my client did not touch her,” Florio said.
Ma, whose Grammy nod came as part of the Terror Squad’s 2004 hit “Lean Back,” served six years in prison after being convicted of shooting an acquaintance outside a Manhattan nightclub in 2007. They were celebrating a birthday with friends in Manhattan’s trendy meatpacking district when Ma accused the other woman of stealing money from her pocketbook.
Ma’s defense said the gun went off accidentally during a struggle.
Released in 2014, she has three months left on parole, state records show. The new allegations spurred parole officers to tighten her parole conditions, including by requiring her to wear an ankle monitor and setting her curfew earlier, Florio said.
Ma is due back in court May 24. In the meantime, Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Josh Hanshaft ordered her to stay away from Taylor.
Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Juan Maldonado said the two know each other from the show, but “they’re not friends.”